Hiring Organization / Company: Alshaya
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Kuwait Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
With 80+ globally recognized brands, 50000+ employees and 4000+ stores spread across 20+ countries, Alshaya boasts to be one of the largest International Franchise Retailers in the world. To continue their ambitious expansion, Alshaya are currently moving to the next generation applications and development of IT infrastructure with a multi-year business and IT transformation.
To support and achieve this aggressive growth, we are currently looking for an experienced “Principal Enterprise Architect (Omnichannel and Digital Commerce)” to join the Enterprise Architecture team within Alshaya IT division. This role reports to the Head of Enterprise Architecture and is based in Kuwait.
The Enterprise Architecture (EA) function is responsible for providing architecture oversight and guidance across the entire application and technology landscape, aligned to the tactical and strategic business initiatives.
- A senior management role, leading and shaping Alshaya’s IT strategy to build a strong foundation for business execution
- Responsible for architecture management of applications within “Omnichannel and Digital Commerce” business domains
- Provide business & technology thought leadership for “Phoenix transformation” across customer-facing Omnichannel processes of Web/Mobile Commerce, Marketplaces, Order Management, Content Management, PIM, DAM etc.
- Engage with senior business executives, other EA team members, IT business partners, Apps Change Delivery teams etc. to align change initiatives with the long-term vision and strategy, integral to the overall IT demand management process
- Provide domain specific architecture stewardship, leading, maintaining and leveraging the enterprise architecture
- Create/maintain a domain roadmap defining current, near term and future architecture direction (i.e. project portfolio)
- Provide guidance, assistance and communication on architectural designs, definitions and guidelines to software vendors, internal and external project delivery teams, and IT service operations teams
- Lead and work with technical domain EAs (i.e. Integration & Middleware, Data & Analytics, Infrastructure & Technology etc.) to ensure standardization and reuse of IT assets across the entire IT landscape
- Lead and run domain specific Design Authorities, ensuring projects’ adherence to EA roadmap, guidelines and principles
- Manage and further the definition and implementation of the overall EA strategy and framework
- Articulate architecture vision, IT strategies, and trade-offs to stakeholders, including senior leadership & business partners
- Lead delivery of specific enterprise architectural services, like selection of IT platforms and aid the creation of solution roadmap for programs and projects during Architecture definition phase
- Define and mature EA processes, such as the EA assurance process, and for leading the integration of these processes with other related business and IT processes
- Lead IT landscape analysis and audit to identify risks and deficiencies and recommend solutions
- Ensure architectural consistency, alignment and sustainability across the IT landscape by collaborating with and guiding Application change delivery, Services operations, PMO, 3rd party SIs, software vendors and technology services teams
- Degree in Business Management, Computer Science, IT Management or comparable technology / engineering discipline
- 12+ years of industry experience, preferably handling Solution Architecture roles in complex organization(s), of which at least 2-3 years should ideally be fulfilling Enterprise Architecture aligned with the given domain of responsibility
- Previous implementation experience of IBM Sterling Order Management, and an Ecommerce platform like Magento, SAP Hybris or IBM WebSphere, mCommerce platform experience is highly desirable
- Certification in a popular EA framework (e.g. TOGAF or Zachman) is desirable
- Exposure of an EA tool (e.g. Software AG Alfabet, Sparx EA, Mega Hopex) is desirable
- Experience of Retail industry is desirable and client-side lead consulting/advisory experience will be an advantage
- Specialism in given domains, but good understanding of other business domains too from a big picture standpoint
- Familiarity with Systems Delivery Lifecycle concepts and ITIL framework
- People management experience to manage 1 or more direct reports
- Additional training or certification in organization change management is considered an advantage
- Highly customer focused and collaborative having excellent communication (written and verbal), documentation and presentation skills
- Passion and expertise to solve complex enterprise problems through simple and extensible designs
- Thinker and planner – able to see potential issues and requirements ahead of time, plan and execute them
- Experience and knowledge of cloud enabled services / applications
- Good knowledge and awareness on technology and IT vendor trends, directions and roadmaps
- Ability to balance short term tactical decisions with long term strategic thinking
- Demonstrable leadership abilities in changing, ambiguous and challenging situations
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise which was first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering customers an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands, including: Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, Cos, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Vavavoom, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey, and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to delivering great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern, and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving retail portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be.
Advertised: 10 Jun 2021 Arab Standard Time
Application close: 09 Jul 2021 Arab Standard Time
Job Location Information:
Date Posted: 2021-06-10
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about searching for Jobs, you will agree that it is one of the hardest jobs nowadays. In most cases, you will haven’t any clue the place or what to search for in the job market. The great thing is that you’re not alone. There are several other folks in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a industrial center may also be easy if you realize where to start. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed here are tips that can assist you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an unbelievable and repeatedly overpassed hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms regularly supply vital coaching, assets, and techniques for activity seekers. These companies may also be specifically useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little working experience. A easy Web test for job firms to your areashould uncover where and how one can get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms select to have their positions dispatched by temporal companies. The tip purpose for that may be to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise supply companies the way of screening candidates. Employment services can repeatedly be a sooner and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise become into a long lasting job for the people who perform smartly throughout their working.
3. Free job look services and products
This can be a waste of cash when cash is now tight within the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.